Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Happy, Joy Joy

As some of you may know, I am proud to serve as Contributing Editor for Live Now: Rethink Kidney Disease, the website hosted by Baxter Healthcare Worldwide urging people afflicted with CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease) and ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) to reclaim life on their own terms. (And coincidentally, to promote Baxter's in-home therapies like Peritoneal Dialysis – the system I use and advocate – and Home Hemodialysis.)

My latest essay for Live Now, "Don't Worry, Be Happy," has posted to the site. It suggests that maintaining a positive attitude in the face of a serious illness (or any other bad ju-ju, for that matter) can have a remarkably beneficial effect on one's overall health and outlook.

I'm pretty happy with the piece, but then again, I have a positive mental attitude. I hope you like it. I would repost it here in its entirety, but that kind of defeats the purpose of writing for the Baxter website in the first place. (Besides, they pay me.)

So here's a link to the article: http://bit.ly/v6Isp2.

Please do me a favor: Click to the page at least 50-100 times, even if you only read it once, so the people at Baxter will think I'm a wildly popular writer.

Thank you. Be happy.

No comments: